Thursday, August 25, 2005

So, it's your birthday.. The sun is shining, birds are having sex with the bees (as I understand it, anyway), and for one shimmering day the world seems to effectively revolve around you, and cater personally to your happiness and fulfillment. Then your alarm goes off, and you realize that instead of floating aimlessly down a river, straw between your teeth, in something akin to a Tom Sawyer escapade, you have to work.. All day. And not just any work.. Your duty is to explain to people that unfortunately we already have 23 copies of that particular Jimmy Barnes album, so at this stage probably don't need to purchase another. What's that? No, we keep Eminem under E. Before you have a chance to locate the source of the odour that's been searing your nostril hairs for the past 10 minutes, a shrill, pre-pubescent voice attempting to sound deep and masculine rings out from across the store.. "Yous don't got 50 Cent!"

You guessed it, it's Dandenong.* And although these comments wouldn't be out of place on a street corner in the same area, I am in fact in a record store.

Now, I'm used to the blank expressions I receive when attempting to use words with more than three syllables, and I've definitely become accustomed to the alcoholic freedom that the local constabulary seem to condone.. But for some reason, today it all just seems a tad inconsiderate. I'm not asking for verbal coherance or even a forced, toothless smile.. I'd settle for basic bodily hygene. I suppose I shouldn't complain too much though.. I did find a deflated balloon stuffed in amongst our rap CDs.

Unfortunately the day is about to draw to a close.. Which is a shame, because I had big plans for that balloon. With some gaffa tape, a texta and some kind of mexican hat I could've had my own personal birthday Wilson! Young Tom would've been proud..

* If the behaviour described in this post seems somewhat foreign to you, I suggest you acquaint yourself with the rules.

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Millwood! Whatup? Happy birthday, old bean.

5:26 PM  
Blogger gun street girl said...

heppy birfday?

9:25 PM  
Blogger gun street girl said...

I can hook you up with some Silver Mount Zion Memorial Orchestra And Tra-La-La Band if you like,, I want to do my part to spread the love- the love of good music...

10:37 AM  
Blogger Alex Mills said...

Thank you! And yes, that would be fantastic.. I've been wanting to hear their stuff for ages. Is there anything I could burn for you to return the love?

2:32 PM  
Blogger gun street girl said...

Some Myles Davis or Jah would be cool, I'm not sure what you have that I might like, maybe you could submit some kind of list or something...

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take the Miles! Take the Miles!

*salivates*

9:14 AM  
Blogger gun street girl said...

Thats probably the best bet, where's my Bobby D at Seymore?

10:56 AM  
Blogger Alex Mills said...

Miles it is! I'll pass it on to Surly and he can be our musical speakeasy. I also have Godspeed's new album.. Any interest?

8:04 PM  
Blogger ekstasis said...

Happy Birthday, fellow blogger.

congratulations and salutations.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Alex Mills said...

Thank you, my droog.

1:18 PM  
Blogger gun street girl said...

interest, yes, is there something other than a silver mt...etc that i can trade you?
More people should use the word droog, other than just you and bowie.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Alex Mills said...

Agreed! The Mt. Zion will be more than enough, but if you happen to have a copy of Angelo Badelamenti's score to Mulholland Drive that would raise you to ultra-rad status. I'm sure it's available, but have never seen it around.. I'll pass your CDs onto Greg when I see him next!

6:26 PM  
Blogger gun street girl said...

fuck dude, you are outta luck there, it's one of the minority I don't have, I can twin peaks score you up, lost highway or wild at heart but thats about as far as it goes, sorry...

8:03 PM  
Blogger Alex Mills said...

If you could Twin Peaks me x 1 that'd be rad.. I always felt I should've invested more time into that show. Damn Dandenong commitments.

12:20 PM  
Blogger gun street girl said...

twin peaks;fire walk with me sountrack or twin peaks; music from the television series?
oh crap now that I've said that, I've realised I cant find my series soundtrack, damn it, I never should have removed in from the safety of my suitcase.... fuck.
*tears house apart searching*

4:04 PM  
Blogger gun street girl said...

,,,,oh, it's right near the computer...cool

5:22 PM  
Blogger Alex Mills said...

Ha ha.. Back in primary school I once looked for my hat for 20 minutes before I realized it was on my head, backwards. That'll teach me for being cool. Meanwhile, which of the two would you recommend? I'm not really that familiar with either..

8:04 PM  
Blogger gun street girl said...

They're both good; I suppose the series soundtrack is a bit cheesier(in a way that I appreciate, but thats 'cause I love the show so much, I guess) It's very listenable and easy to digest. Fire walk with me is much darker and more cinematic, It's a lot more subtle and takes much listening...thats probably the one to go with..

7:17 AM  
Blogger Alex Mills said...

Fire Walk With Me sounds to be the winning ticket.. That'd great. I'm passing your nicies onto Surly as we speak..

11:19 AM  
Blogger gun street girl said...

Allright then, I'll take my cds to the magic duplicating box (of wonder).

2:25 PM  
Blogger Alex Mills said...

Oooohh....

2:40 PM  
Blogger gun street girl said...

thankyou that was a very satisfactory response.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home